Sunday 4 February 2007

Fur & Feather

The Fur and Feather Party event at China One was a blast! Damn. It was amazing watching the fruits of your labour take shape in such grandulous form. China One was packed and it was really happening... With dances and a live band and anyone and everyone from everywhere else mingle. There were top CEOs and founders of companies present. There was Maia Lee. There was Fashion TV filming the event live. Calling it a hive of activity would be a gross understatement.

Sheena and Chelsea looked fab in their Sister Love costumes draped with feathers and Alvin, Linda and Dr Wei were clad in full fur coats, complete with rabbit ear muff hats. Killer! I wished I'd taken more photos though. There were free Jack Daniel's flying off the counter and I helped myself to 3 glasses before feeling that one more serving could potentially start making me feel wootzy.

Spent the whole week helping to plan, coordinate, administer and do the necessary marketing for the event, and on friday went around getting the props and recce-ing China One itself and spent the day right through til 9pm in the office, and it's amazing seeing all your work culminating into such a success. It's been pretty happening working at Love Airways so far.
Lotsa people are unclear about what I do, so for the uninitiated, I saw Dr Wei's ad in the classifieds over a month ago when I was still at sea in employment and sent in my resumé. A week or two later Dr Wei invited me down to the 'office', which was a little more than a shophouse out of nowhere, next to Raffles Hotel opposite Bras Basah Complex, a benign alley-way right smack in the heart of the city. It was a real eyebrow-raiser of a place. I can't really describe it. Maybe next time I'll put photos here.

When I first came into the picture, I had to sort out a disastrous database mess left behind by the previous admin tempie. That's been long since settled and buried, and I've been doing everything from setting up Love Airways' and my colleagues' E-mail accounts, content work and calling all kinda big name personalities just to name a few.

Happening.




When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.- Dom Helmer Camara

Today's Listenables:
Junior Senior - Move Your Feet

No comments: