Saturday 16 February 2008

In Suspension

BGS 2 straight days in a row. Personally, if I have to make up a class for a lesson I'd miss on a weekday public holiday, I would rather not have the public holiday and go for lesson as per normal. Weekend mornings are sacred!

So I had to adjourn Richard and Irving's birthday party rather early last night, which was really hard to do since things were warming up just as I had to leave. Farhan and I dragged ourselves off into the waiting cab at 2300h (he stays at Jurong, hence). The only piece of news I've got so far is that Irving chucked at Mikaela's plants like I did to Yitwen's. Haha. It's 2pm; I'm wondering wassup over there or where everyone is now (some were staying overnight).

But just as well since I hadn't had proper sleep in days, I tried to revise a little after reaching home - something I should've started 2 days ago already - but KO-ed prematurely at 1am. Duly overslept and reached class 45min late. Stunned everyone, I'd reckon, by still being able to class-participate even though I had barely moments to adjust myself to what the prof was lecturing about.

Sigh, BGS.

Actually, I thought today's lesson was particularly useful because An Inconvenient Truth was screened, something I'd wanted to watch since I got the movie from Qinhong last year but never really had the time to get down to. Film critic Roger Ebert said, "In 39 years, I have never written these words in a movie review, but here they are: You owe it to yourself to see this film. If you do not, and you have grandchildren, you should explain to them why you decided not to." Al Gore got a lot of political flak as a result, with some criticizing him for connivingly using the movie industry to gain a political advantage, but certainly those global statistics and environmental problems raised deserve some attention.

Mug to death or die from the slack. Time to make some tough decisions, hmm...




Food has replaced sex in my life, now I can't even get into my own pants.

Today's Listenables:
Closure - Whatever Made You

No comments: