Wednesday 20 February 2008

Turnaround

And in a flash, my midterms are over and I won't have pesky CT classes on monday afternoons to contend with anymore. It's somewhat surreal to know that from week 8 onwards, I'll be virtually having a 2-day week.

I don't really know what I was thinking cos I handed in my econs paper with 2 questions left out. In fact, I left out 3; while on my way towards wherever, I realised there was a question I forgot to answer and practically ran back to class to request for a last minute fill in. Prof said it was okay I guess because it was just a yes or no opinion (will the US suffer a recession?). Then on my way out again I realised there were actually 2 more. Pah.

CT turned out pretty alright I guess. Political science was totally by the book, no surprises; not much I'd wanna elaborate on them, but the political science questions may pose some real good food for thought:

1) How persuasive are the arguments for a proportionally representative government?
2) "Nations are imagined communities." Should this worry us?
3) Is democracy a universal value?
4) Norms are the foundations of a healthy representative government. Agree?

Been labelled a chao mugger over the past few days. The weekend seriously didn't feel like a weekend. Matter of fact, come to think of it, I don't really recall much since the last post on Valentine's day, so I can only hope the grades for once reflect the effort I guess. Hope dangles on a string, so I suppose I'm not too bothered with that. There's so much more to look forward to once the papers are over anyway.

There's a futsal tournament at NUS next monday, and Waikiki next saturday. Barbara's roping me into her Bossaball team, whatever that really is, and I'm hoping to bring a team down for beach soccer. So yeah still gotta head down to school to do registration saikang stuff.

Newspapers are so much easier to read now that I'm empowered with some basic understanding of economics.

1 tonne weights are pulling on my eyelids. So long and good night.




A wedding ring is sort of a tourniquet worn on one's finger to stop circulation.

Today's Listenables:
Something Corporate - She Paints Me Blue

No comments: