Thursday 13 March 2008

Slippery Slope

Blazed through what most other people would deem as a crazy week because of BGS and AS assignments. Actually, it doesn't really matter to me. I always consciously procrastinate to the last minute because it's the only thing that'll get me started anyway. It's not like having 3 weeks to get a piece of work done will mean I'll expand the time to do it. More often than not, an assignment just consists of one or 2 days' worth of intense work and I'm done.

What's a bitch about the De Beers article I have to analyse for BGS is that it was written in 1998 when it was still a monopolistic cartel. A decade later and it's a mere player on a level field, so I don't really know if I should write knowing that things have changed.

Yesterday, I saw a couple, and a funny train of thought got triggered. Cos I was thinking that perhaps I should be jealous, but instead of feeling jealous, I think of what other people would think or are supposed to think. So what comes to mind is perhaps jealousy. Then I wonder if the way I think is affected by what I perceive should be thought. And I'm also thinking this is funny because this train of thought is really pointless and stupid to begin with. And then I think perhaps this means that my propensity for emotions is somewhat impaired, because I think with my head ahead of feeling with my heart. Then again this isn't so bad. And then again this kinda sucks. So I guess perhaps I don't really care. But inherently, writing a senseless paragraph about this kinda means I care. So yeh I suppose I'm just going round in circles.

Max Weber says. If you wanna be a politician but you wanna make money, be a journalist. If you wanna be a politician but you wanna be morally upright, be a priest.




To get something done, a committee should consist of three men, two of whom are absent.

Audio Candy:
The Format - She Doesn't Get It

No comments: