Monday 7 July 2008

Bantered

I had it pointed out to me regarding the Brotherhood > Sisterhood post that it is a highly debatable idea because since guys inherently lead practical lives, they cannot possibly form strong friendship bonds, or even friendship bonds at all among themselves. Because if guys are inherently practical and rational to that extent, they would be a lot more willing to compromise on their friendships over a higher goal, such as a job opportunity or some girl (debatable examples but you get the idea).

As the words to the Michael Bolton song go, If she is bad, he can't see it / She can do no wrong / Turn his back on his best friend / If he puts her down. Or if he tries to fuck with the dude's chances of getting the girl.

And the realisation that I actually buy the rebuttal hit me in a really funny way.



Yinz: "My nails are ugly! They're not as shiny as I wanted them to be!"
Me: "If those aren't shiny, I dunno what is."
Yinz: "Err. My nose?"

Mikaela: "Calling out to Teck Yeow-land, please return us our friend!"




By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.
- Socrates

Audio Candy:
The Hint - I Want It To Feel Like Love

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So you are saying men are not capable of friendship? You are wrong and have no scientific basis. Just think logically about this being a lone wolf is usually no help to most in a civilization so logically it would dictate that you must have at least one friend.