Monday 25 May 2009

It's Not The Storm Before The Calm

We're going down,
And you can see it too.
We're going down,
And you know that we're doomed.

Newcastle has lost 1-0 away to Aston Villa. They only needed a draw and they couldn't manage it (of course this is subject to the result of Hull's game, but ex post facto or not, defeat is a result they could not afford at any rate if they intended to stay up at all). I don't blame them for today's defeat because I don't think it was easy, but at the end of the day the result is the only thing that changes the course of fortunes and the whole season has been a barrage of poor results.

Soon, the international players will start leaving, and so will the better talents. Just makes me feel like they need a manager like Roy Keane right now to force them back into the EPL. I've heard some people say before that Newcastle has far too much history for them to go down, but they've been relegated as a cold, hard fact.

Goodbye to the Black and White for now.



I nearly committed the mortifying act of raising hell and pandemonium because I didn't have internet on my office computer when my LAN cable simply wasn't connected to the wall jack.

No comments: