Sunday 15 November 2009

'Rather' Can Be Found In 'Character'

I would rather have all the problems associated with having too much freedom than not have any freedom at all any day.

I would rather have too much to think about than not have anything to think about.

I would rather grapple with the confusions of knowing too much than not knowing enough.

I would rather be confronted with problems of an 'unnecessary' nature than not have any thought experiments to deal with.

I would rather be opinionated and stubborn than apathetic and meek.

I would rather defend a stand and offend than sell my soul to please and be accepted.



I'm sure as hell elitist in my own weird way, and I'm really glad I am. :]


When you really want something to happen, the whole universe conspires so that your wish comes true.
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist.


I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
- Thomas Jefferson

No comments: